There are many ways you can be involved at Ventura County Pregnancy Center in Ventura, California. If you have a specific skill you would like to offer, please call the office at 805-644-3307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on your interest, volunteer times can be one day a week for a few hours, once a month, or at intervals throughout the year.
Some of our current volunteer opportunities:
- Office Worker. Office volunteers help with mailings, reception, and various clerical duties, as needed. The schedule is flexible.
- Support Ministries
- Female Client Advocate. These volunteers initially meet with the young women who turn to us for help. Client Advocates assess our client’s needs and discuss ways we can help before they meet with medical staff. We provide extensive training programs to equip our volunteers to serve our clients effectively. Client Advocate must be available to serve one 3-hour shift each week during business hours Monday through Thursday between 10:00 to 4:00 (some evening shifts may be available).
- Facilitating “Earn While You Learn” classes – This volunteer would teach our educational classes in a class setting.
- Office Counselor – These are peer counselors who follow up with clients who have taken our educational classes online. You would set up a date and time to discuss the lesson they viewed.
- Baby Boutique Inventory Assistant. Volunteers are needed to help clean, sort, and display donated baby and maternity supplies and clothing.
- Church Liaison. Our Church Liaisons represent VCPC in their church by promoting fundraising events, such as a baby bottle fundraiser at the church, and informing the leadership of important happenings, etc.
- Public Relations
- Solicitation of goods and donations
- Fundraising and Special Events. Our special events require many volunteers to plan and implement special events.
Volunteers need to be 18 years or older, in agreement with our mission, vision, and values, and connected to a local church. Volunteer training classes are TBD.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Ventura County Pregnancy Center. If interested, please get in touch with the center at 805-644-3307 or email: email@example.com.